Natural Bromine Saltwater Sanitizing System
The “salt” you are most familiar with is sodium chloride (table salt). Dead Sea mineral salt is a naturally occurring sodium bromide. The Blu Fusion system uses low voltage electrolysis to convert this salt into pure bromine, which eliminates bacteria and algae in your spa for crystal clear water with a silky smooth feel.
No More Harsh Chemicals
- Completely odorless and tasteless!
- More effective than chlorine in warm water.
- Won’t irritate your skin or eyes.
- No additional chemicals needed for shocking or stain and scale removal.
Softer Water & Softer Skin
- Though the concentration much lower even than sea water, sodium bromide salt gives your spa water a softer feel. You will also find that your skin feels softer after you’ve used your spa.
- Your doctor may prescribe a salt system spa for certain skin conditions, and in most cases it will be covered and/or exempt from taxes.
- Spas generally require a water change every 3 – 4 months. This is because of the build-up of chemicals that you have introduced. Since you are introducing no chemicals to your spa with the Blu Fusion Salt System, you will only need to change your water once a year!
- The high degree of water purity reduces foaming and scum lines and eliminates the need for shocking and stain and scale removal.
- Since you change your water only once a year, depending on the size of your spa, you will save 1,000 – 2,000 gallons of water annually.
It’s GREEN! and great for the environment
Getting started is simple.
- Fill your spa using an activated charcoal filter (included with your kit) to remove any impurities from the water.
- Once you’ve filled your spa, check the bromine level and pH level, as with all spas.
- Add Dead Sea salt to achieve a concentration of 1200 – 1500 ppm. This will require approx. 3 – 7 lbs. of salt, depending on how many gallons your spa is. The salt will quickly dissolve in your spa water.
- Adjust the level of bromine released in your water using the Up and Down buttons, with settings from 1 to 10. Typical spas require a bromine level of 3 – 5 ppm, but the Blu Fusion system requires only 2 – 3 ppm.
- A Boost button adds a temporary increase in bromine should you plan a party or other more extended use of your spa.
- Add salt only once a year!